Saturday, September 15, 2007

A grey winter in HM

Finally the week end is here and as I have seen all the exhibitions, been to all the museums, tidied up my wardrobe, been through my mail, looked at my friends' blogs, what can I do with myself? How can I find things to do on a Saturday afternoon?... Some shopping? Well ok then but really because I have nothing else to do!!!
The problem is (yes a girl's life is very complicated) that NY is very big so one has to start somewhere. So you have to first tackle the classics, Zara, Uniqlo and HM.
Planning a trip to HM, you must go before 2pm, after that you have to face a human wave of American girls who will destroy everything on their path, you will also have to queue for about 15-20 min for the fitting rooms and the same to pay, and needless to say you will have by then said "excuse me" and "sorry " about 50 times in order to make your way through the aisles. Basically for HM either you get up early or you might aswell forget about it!!
On my trip today I had to face a trend that all the mags have been talking about for a few weeks, winter will be grey, all grey! No I am not talking about the weather even though for those who know me this is a topic which I am obsess with.

So there you are, I am showing you a few of their peices... You will have a broad choice, and it should please every style, every taste, between the jumper-dress, the little dress from the 60s, the pinafore type of dress, the grunge one, the long cardigan, the tunic, the coats and even the footless tights and the patent shoes with a bow... And I am not even getting into all the details!! So what about you, did you get grey-ed up by the Swedish?

No comments: