Sunday, September 9, 2007

Girls have real problems


Here we go again...
I can't believe it... I guess I can. You just get back from holidays and already you are under pressure... Ready? Steady! Go!! Yes the new collections are out and you must decide on the few big winter purchases such as the Coat, the Boots, etc... But let's tackle the boots issue -I hear you, two pairs are necessary (at least!!) because with one pair well you might not like them anymore after a while... Or you might bring them back, take another pair and of course wish you had never returned the first pair in the first place... Or you will yearn for a pair that only exists in your head, visit 10 shops and finish empty handed, wearing ballerinas on 20th November... Or you will find some, love them so much that you will wear them all the time and one day it will snow and they will get ruined...
It is 15th January, no more boots in the shops and you are so closed to being forever depressed and have lost sleep over this!! And it will be a real drama!! All those things have happened to me, when it comes to boots I have been though a lot, I mean a lot!!
So this year I say "No", no to my dilemnas, no to bringing back the boots, no to my hesitations and delays, no to a fantasy pair which is nowhere to be found except in my imagination, this year I will be strong, this year I will buy two pairs and I swear not to go back on my decisions... At least I will try!!
So first I go through my closet and look at what I already possess, yes come on, I have to avoid buying the same stuff, that would be stupid, right? Don't tell me that has never happened to you?!
I also have to see if I will wear them again, I mean if everything fits... You know my feet might have got bigger... I know my excuses are lame!! But come on, when my man says to me talking about my 4 year-old riding boots, from Un Dimanche a Venise "I like those ones, they look like Hermes riding boots" I have to find excuses, and the excuse is that they really are uncomfortable... And they look nothing like the Hermes ones, but really nothing like them!! I'd rather not talk about it with him, he wouldn't understand.
And when it comes to trying to explain to him the urge to buy, I won't even get there. Some conversations are a waste of time. It is so obvious one should not have to justify herself! Everybody is talking about boots, Anna Wintour, Carine Roitfeld, Isabel Marant, Vanessa Bruno, Sigerson Morrison, in the street some girls are already wearing their latest purchase with a pair of short or a summer dress and I am still wearing my flip flops and cried when I was putting my swimming suit away!! But I will rise to the challenge and I have given myself until 1st October to buy my two pairs of boots...
First stop in NY, Barneys and Bergdorf. It is a bit like Bon Marche in Paris, more expensive and with less cheaper designers, so I will check the collections there first. I will go at lunch time and will look at all the boots, yes all of them... Wish me luck!

No comments: