Sunday, March 9, 2008

2008 will be vintage for sure!

The Vintage fair is on again next week end! I am warning you a week before, and showing you what happened at the last one, in February...

Are you ready? Let's enter the wonderful kingdom of Vintage!

The doors opened at 1pm on Friday and the venue filled up very quickly.
Needless to say time flew by and I didn't have time to take that many photos.
Sorry no famous people to report this time... Oh yes, Chloe Sevigny, but I didn't dare to bother her, she was enjoying her shopping, and in that kind of encounter you act like everyone else, as if you didn't recognize her.. And then you talk about her for an hour after she is gone!

So for those who did not come, as usual loads of accessoiries, clutches, belts, boots, hard to make up your mind!




Everybody is looking for that something special, the little treasure you long for. I wanted a clutch, and I found that one, for 20$ I could not say no!


But other came for a coat, a jacket, jewellery or even a prom dress!


I also checked out the Wedding dresses exhibition... A small selection, sweet but I could not have got married in one of them, not my style!



But above all, the most interesting about those fairs is the variety of people attending.

As always, the designers looking for inspiration
Models or actresses... Ok only Chloe, but that counts!
Owners of other vintage stores from LA, London & Paris
Mothers and daughters.
Girlfriends, often out in pairs... Beware of the one who likes something but whose friend adds at the last minute "is this really you?", while trying on the very same thing and admiring herself in the mirror!
Girls just wandering, and whose outfits I wanted, such as the one of this Japanese girl.


Or this New Yorker in a Tibi coat and a vintage dress.


All these encounters make the day fly by, and it is difficult to find time to talk to other sellers, like Molly & Maureen...


They have a store in the Lower East Village and were a lot of fun during those two days: they changed their outfits every two hours and gave us a nice vintage fashion show!

I am afraid that's it! I could go on and on but would end up boring you! So here is my last photo...



For those who want to see the previous fairs in October and November, check it out here and there.

Have a good week, more to come!

And for those who want to go to the next one, all the info can be found here.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cool, I want to go to!! I live in Vancouver so... Not possible! Thanks for the photos, love them!

Rhiannon said...

Oooh, it looks amazing. And so great that you saw Chloe!!!

Soie Belle said...

Merci d'etre passee sur mon blog et pour ton mot. C'est toujours sympa de papoter avec des francaises aux US. Je te bookmark! a bientot

Soie Belle said...

Merci d'etre passee sur mon blog et pour ton mot. C'est toujours sympa de papoter avec des francaises aux US. Je te bookmark! a bientot

Vintage Indie said...

Love this post! Thanks for sharing the vintage wedding dresses as well.

Ashleigh said...

Wish I was there....the dresses and boots look beyond awesome :s!!!!

Trendy Gourmandise said...

im crazy about the red clutch