Saturday, June 7, 2008

So... Yellow

With the temperature rising to 35 degrees in New York, everyone was out in their summer clothes today and I had to report some of the fashion I saw in Manhattan.

I have to say I really like this look, as I am a huge fan of yellow clothes and natural leather...

So when I see the two combined together I have to take a photo of it!



I was out strolling in Bleecker street when I saw this girl and her mother. She looks casual and cool with just the right touch of fashion sense thanks to her oversized bag.
A pair of gladiator sandals and this outfit would have been perfect!


So for those who object to yellow, are you convinced now?

Look at the stars,
Look how they shine for you,
And everything you do,
Yeah they were all
Yellow

Coldplay (en concert à New York le 23 Juin)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

i loooove your blog and the photos.. i checked out your flikr pics they are incredible ! looking forward to more updates

Shes Dressing Up said...

I love the slouchy bag here!

Sofia & Flo said...

Thanks ladies!
I will try to keep it up, the french side has made me neglect the english version of this blog, but your nice comments really motivate me!

Ida said...

The yellow dress and the brown leather bag are just the perfect combo. I just LOVE the bag!

CAT KHAN said...

i am loving the yellow :)

prettygeeky.com said...

Very cute summer dress, I'm so glad there are others like me, lol, sometimes my family calls me the paparazzi because I'm never w/o my camera. =d

Lucy said...

yellow is such a great call for spring and summer, and yes, it would be fab with glads!!

leslie and pam said...

i LOVE yellow now! i used to hate it but it is one of my favorite colors now.

www.loserswholovefashion.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

yellow is my fav color :)

Dana (MODAna) said...

ooops that comment above was from me...

lilliebe said...

My sister has been harping on about yellow for ages now. I'm still not convinced though! I think it looks great on the girl you've posted but I'm way to pale to pull it off...
I remember reading an article which claimed that yellow only really became an acceptable colour for anyone over the age of 5 to wear after Kate Moss wore her lemon coloured one shoulder chiffon dress a while back. I think they have a point, I don't really remember seeing yellow (adult sized) dresses before that.

Anonymous said...

oh yes, yellow is nice!

was this girl creeped out that you were taking her picture? lol

Anonymous said...

do you know who makes the bag i to love the color combo

Chantelle said...

i'm in love with her bag
it's so big and perfect!

FASHION CHALET said...

I love yellow. Beautiful dress.
Your blog name is cool, it caught my eye. :)


xo/ fashion chalet

Trendy Gourmandise said...

yellow dress love it