Friday, December 7, 2007

A job in NY

The other day I was walking on 57th when I had a weird encounter... This lady and her 11 dogs, yes ELEVEN!

Let me reassure you straight away, they don't belong to her, her job is to take them out. But what do their owners do? Well they are busy being "working girls" or "it-girls" shopping on and getting their hair done.

In a city like NY, it costs about 15 to 20$ for a daily walk so your beloved doggy to get some fresh air.



Pretty impressing, right?
I have to say most of the dogwalkers I meet are walking an average of 4 to 5 dogs, but the more dogs you take out the more money you make!!

So are you tempted by that job?

2 comments:

Ace said...

I have that job! I love it! I work for myself, I get to be outside, I make good money and play with puppies, what more could I want?

Anonymous said...

My brother and his girlfriend do this for a living and a good one at that! They walk at least 12 dogs a day. Except for weekends where they walk one. But that one dog pretty much pays the rent. So it can be pretty lucrative! I've been tempted for sure and I sometimes fill in for them or do sitting jobs when they can't. What I don't get is why some people can't walk their own dogs...some of their clients work from home!